When moving, ensuring your belongs are insured is of vital importance. Here are a few things you can ask a moving company to make sure your belongings are insured and that they arrive as they are supposed to. Some of you are thinking, I have moved before, I'll just pack it myself. Before you do, let's consider a few things. Professional movers can generally load and unpack a household in a fraction of the time that it would take any of us to do it ourselves. Getting the RIGHT moving company is key.
Ask these questions before you secure a moving company.
Can you provide current references?
- Ask the references 1) how they know the moving service, 2)when did they last move and secure them to do the move and 3) how long have they been in business.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been filed against them.
- Ask if they are fully bonded, insured and licensed.
What services do you offer?
- Not all moving services provide the same type of service. Think about your belongings and evaluate what you will need moved.
- Ask them if they move hot tubs, pianos, vehicles, tool boxes, gun safes or pool tables.
- Ask them if they provide the moving truck or fill up the one you purchase. Inquire as to what size you should get if they load up the one you rent.
Can they provide an estimate?
- Accurate estimates are very important. This also gives you time as the consumer to check out other moving companies so you can make the best decision for you. Remember, this is everything you own. Treating it with tender loving care is of vital importance.
- Ask about extra fees and get everything in writing including your pick up and delivery dates. Without this, you might not have a claim if something goes astray.
The other things you should ask is do they inventory items as they pack or is that something you should do prior to their arrival. Also, what happens if items get broken or show up missing? It is your job to ensure that everything arrived safely and that your property was not damaged (calls, doorways and other areas). If there is damage or loss, report it immediately so a claim can be filed on your behalf. If you loved your moving experience, we highly recommend you leave an online review for other movers so they can have a great experience too. Keeping you protected. Rick All Access Insurance in Littleton, CO, who represents multiple insurance companies as a “Broker” and provides products for auto, home, commercial, workers compensation, and much more! Call us today for a free quote at (303) 932-1700