Does your company require employees to drive on the job?
If so, then having qualified drivers is essential to the health of your business.
Here are 5 Tips that will help you hire the most qualified and authorized drivers for your business.
- Ensure that your potential drivers are legal. They need to have a proper driver's license for the type of vehicle you want them to drive.
- Then you should check their driving record. The company can decide how clean their record needs to be.
- Some Motor Vehicle Departments (DMV) will notify employers if driving records change.
- Check employee driving records throughout the year.
Pass A Background Check.
- Verify past driving experiences with past employers.
- Watch them arrive for the interview and leave. How they drive then will probably be the way they drive always.
- Perhaps passing your process is a driving test.
- Risky behaviors lead to crashes, so identifying issues upfront might help you reduce the liability of an accident later.
- Look at things like: changing lanes, merging, shifting gears, backing, making turns, obeying laws, turn signal habits, etc.
- Another thing to look for when doing a driving test, is language and attitude. Do they appear to have the possibility of road rage?
- Create expectations of what you expect and offer training.
- Cover the basics on distracted driving, seat belts, following distance, speeding, crash reporting, etc.
- Ensure they sign a compliance agreement before taking your company vehicle on the road.
- Measure your driver's performance, observations and vehicle inspections.
- Feedback is always helpful if there is corrective action that needs to take place.
- Reviews should involve driving records on all parts of your fleet safety program.
Now that you have the right drivers, call our office today for a free quote on Commercial Auto Insurance for your fleet.
Keeping you protected.
All Access Insurance in Littleton, CO, who represents multiple insurance companies as a “Broker” and provides products for auto, home, commercial, workers compensation, and much more! Call us today for a free quote at (303) 932-1700.