You could be leaving money on the table.
Here are some tips for you to consider as you are getting or reviewing your car insurance policy.
Not only do you want to have the best coverage but you also want it at the best price.
All drivers must carry car insurance though many people pick their insurer after they have their car and then don't review their policy for years.
Here are a few tips for finding the right policy:
- Check in with your insurance agent annually on yoru policy so you know what you have. Ask them to check your rates. If so inclined, you can check rates from other companies too but make sure you are comparing the same coverage at both places. This is common mistake. Perhaps the price is less but the services/coverages offered may also be less.
- Pick a top-rated company. Make sure your insurance provider has a high rating when it comes to claims, payments and non-claim problems.
- Maintain good credit. Low credit scores may impact your premium. If you aren't sure how to improve your credit score, you can google "How to improve your credit score" and under the ads will be some useful tips.
- Pick the right deductible. A higher deductible reduces your premium but you also have to pay more out of pocket if there was an accident, regardless of who's fault the accident was.
- Review your coverage. Check to make sure you have enough liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage. Minimal coverage will give you minimal protection.
- Let your insurance agent know if you milage has reduced. If you have changed jobs or work at home or have become unemployed, you may qualify for a lower premium.
- Watch non-OEM repairs/parts. Make sure the repair shop is reputable and uses original equipment from the manufacturer if at all possible. Some non-OEM parts can fit poorly, are more prone to ruse and might not meet federal safety standards.
- Pick the right car. When buying a vehicle, look at crash reports and get the cost for collision insurance. Vehicle damage and cost for report is a big part of the price of auto insurance.
- Practice good driving practices and handle accidents properly. If you are in an accident, make sure you photograph the crash scene and always call the cops to report the incident. Get the other parties, contact info and a picture of their insurance card. Call your insurance agent as soon as you can.
- Take advantage of discounts. Ask our office today about discounts for your age, marital status, driving record, etc. Sometimes anti-theft equipment and vehicle type can offer discounts. Multiple insurance plans with one company can also often result in discounts.
What we know is out job is to keep you protected in all cases.
Keeping you protected.
All Access Insurance in Littleton, CO, who represents multiple insurance companies as a “Broker” and provides products for auto, home, commercial, workers compensation, and much more! Call us today for a free quote at (303) 932-1700.